Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Philadelphia Cream for Cooking: Not so heavenly?

So along with recipes, I'd also like to share my experiences with certain products. My first product review is for Kraft's new Philadelphia Cream for Cooking.


I love to cook with cream but I don't love to gain weight, so I gave this product a try. I used the 60% Less Fat version.

What I found was that while it may be low fat, it tastes very very salty. I used it in my Creamy Sun-dried Tomato pasta sauce and was shocked at how saline my sauce became. I didn't add any salt, or salty ingredients into the sauce.

I also found that it didn't stir in well at all, it was clumpy and very difficult to get a smooth consistency out of.

This may of course have just been my experience, so if you have used Philadelphia Cooking Cream please share your experience so that we can all benefit from it!

Keep Stirring and Smiling,
Jo
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment